At this time, you have probably heard about Governor Ever’s extension of the ‘Safer at Home’ order. In the new order, effectively immediately, he closed all public and private schools in the state of Wisconsin for the 2019/2020 school year. This news saddened me as I received it just before starting a Zoom meeting with our MS/HS staff. No one is surprised by this action, but I think we all placed some hope in being able to join as a school again this year.
Our FAITH faculty and staff will remain dedicated to provide support and guidance while facilitating our distance learning program. We will continue to collaborate with one another as we fine-tune and embrace what we can consider “crisis” schooling. We understand this is foreign for all of us and not what we had in mind for the school year. What hasn’t changed; is the care for students from our teachers, staff and administration, and our perseverance in our Lord.
To provide continued support, we want you to know about some assistance and tools we have implemented during this unprecedented time:
- Distance learning is continuing to develop. Teachers are finding ways to communicate with their classes in groups and individually. If you need supports for this, please contact Brandon Eastin (email@example.com) or fill out our helpdesk form at faithca.org/help.
- Pick-up and drop-off dates are being coordinated for the remainder of the year. We will continue with the next date of April 24th from 2-5pm at the elementary location. Teachers will communicate specifics for their respective classrooms.
- Grading is going to be a conversation we are addressing as a staff and the board. We want you to know we understand that this is not the type of schooling we desired or are used to. Continue to watch emails regarding how we will grade for the 4th quarter and the end of the school year. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
- Communication– We will continue to be available. Teachers are utilizing Teams and Zoom to provide interaction with other students and make themselves available for small groups and/or one on one weekly conferencing. You can reach out to the Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for anything you may need. Also, be watching social media for fun activities to participate in.
- Prayer requests– If your family has specific prayer requests please don’t hesitate to communicate with your teachers, office staff or administration. We will continue to pray for your family and any needs that come up.
Ultimately, we can rest assured that Christ has overcome this world with his death and resurrection that we just celebrated. John 16:33- “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
Thank you for your continued grace and mercy as we navigate the rest of this school year as a FAITH family together.
Clint D. Steinke
Faith Christian Academy